App Download Online:
Having a laptop is all good, but to take your laptop experience to the next level, you will have to install some apps, to take advantage of the processing power, memory, and storage. This might be as simple as downloading a browser or a music player to downloading large apps like photo editing tools or an IDE for software development.
An app, which is a short form for application, is a program that is built to perform specific tasks. Your Chrome browser, MS Word, MS Excel, Photoshop 一 all these are apps that you use on your computer. Most modern laptops come with built-in apps like a browser, photo viewer, and a media player. But, what if you want more apps on your laptop? This is where you will have to install apps.
In this guide, we will tell you how you can download apps on Windows and Mac devices using the official app store and later, we will also check out some of the safe websites to download the apps for your laptops.
Download Apps From Microsoft App Store on Windows
- Click on the Start button or click on the Windows Key on your Windows computer
- Select “Microsoft Store” from the list or just start typing store and select the “Microsoft Store”
- Once the Microsoft Store app is opened, click on the search bar on the top
- Search for the app or game, you’d like to download on the computer
- Hit the “Install” button if you get the app/game you are looking or else, check the apps from the list shown below
- Select the app or gamer you want to download
- Click on the install button to start the download process.
Once the app is downloaded, you can just hit the windows key on your computer and search for the app and open it. Vivo Y33T Gets New Starry Gold Colour Variant in India Price, Specifications
Download Apps From App Store on macOS
- Click on the Apple menu (Apple logo)
Image Credit: Apple
- Select “App Store” from the menu at the top of your computer screen
- App Store app on your macOS device will be opened
- Browse or search for the app that you want to download
Image Credit: Apple
- Click the price (paid app) or Get button (free app)
- If you see the Open button instead of a price or Get button, you already bought or downloaded that app
- Once the app is installed, you can click on
Download Apps From The Official Website on the Computer
Not all apps and games are available on the Microsoft Store and App Store for Windows and Mac. The best alternative, in this case, is by using the official website of the app of the game you want to download. This method can also be used if you are facing errors or issues while trying to download the app from the Store.
If you are trying to download a browser, security app, media app, or anything else, you can just visit the respective official website and then look for the “Download” section. You can click on the download button and start downloading that particular app. In case the app is available for multiple platforms, you will see a separate button for Windows, Mac, etc.
When the file is downloaded, under the download section, you will see a .exe file, just double click on the file to start installing the app on your Windows computer.
For Mac users, you will see the .dmg/.app file extension, just double click on the file and start the installation process. Once you double click on the file and the verification is done, you will get a new window, just drag and drop the newly installed app to the Apps folder. Once this is done, you can find the installed app in the apps folder.
Third-Party Websites to Download Apps on Laptop
The other way to download the apps on your computer is using a third party website. But, not all the websites are safe to download the apps for your windows and mac devices.
Softpedia is a one-stop app downloader for Windows, Mac and even Android APKs and drivers. The site hosts various software for Windows, Drivers of PCs, Games, Mac, Linux, and Android apps. It has a clean UI and easy to navigate menus. You can filter apps by all, free, and paid and you can also search for the app you’d like to download here.
An alternative to Softpedia, Softonic is similar to the one mentioned above. If you have previously downloaded any apps for your laptop by searching on Google, there is a good chance that you ended up downloading the app from this website.
As you can tell by the name, this is a Mac-specific website and one of the most trusted and popular websites to download apps for mac. This site has over 30,000 apps and all of these are hand-picked by experts and they’re safe to download.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article.