To link mobile number with Aadhaar Card you need to visit Aadhaar center. And no documents are required for this.
Apart from this, if you want to verify the mobile number in the Aadhaar card again, you can link the mobile number sitting at home from the Aadhaar card by calling the toll free number issued by UIDAI. But the same Aadhar users, whose mobile numbers are already linked in Aadhaar.
Online appointment but linking mobile number to Aadhar card
- First visit UIDAI’s official website https://ask1.uidai.gov.in/, then fill your phone number and captcha and click on Generate OTP.
- Enter your OTP and click on verify OTP.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and name in the next page. Then choose State, City, and Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- To link mobile number in Aadhaar, select New Mobile No field option and enter your mobile number.
- Choose “Appointment Date and Time” as per your choice.
- In the next page you will have to pay a fee of ₹ 50 online. For this, you can use your ATM card, debit card.
- After that you will have to go to the Aadhaar center at the address mentioned on the date of the Appointment (Date), and the mobile number will be linked to your Aadhaar card.
In this way, link the mobile number in the Aadhaar card by visiting the Aadhar center
- First of all visit your nearest Aadhaar Registration Center.
- You will be given a form to link the mobile number with the Aadhaar card. Select what you want to update, fill it and submit it.
- After submitting the form you will be given a slip. With its help, you can check whether your phone number is linked to your Aadhar or not.
- Within three months, your Aadhaar will be linked with a mobile number. And a message will also be found on your number, your mobile number has been linked to Aadhaar.
- You can also know the status of linking the mobile number with the Aadhaar card by calling the toll free number 1947 of UIDAI.
How to link Aadhaar with mobile number via OTP
Aadhaar users can link their number to Aadhaar and verify it again through OTP. (Same Aadhar users whose mobile numbers are already linked in Aadhaar)
- Call the toll free number 14546 from the mobile number to which Aadhaar is to be linked.
- Then choose whether you are Indian or NRI
- Then enter your Aadhaar number.
- Now ‘OTP’ will come on the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar. Enter the received OTP… As soon as you enter the OTP, your mobile number will be linked to Aadhaar.