Do you want to temporarily stop ATM withdrawal for your SBI ATM/Debit Card? You can manage your SBI Debit card through SBI Mobile Banking, net banking, and SMS. If you want to disable your Debit Card for ATM usage then you can temporarily switch OFF ATM transactions for your card.
After disabling your SBI Debit Card for ATM transactions, you can not withdraw money from any ATM machine using your card.
1. Stop SBI ATM Withdrawal by Sending an SMS
You can switch OFF the ATM withdrawal function for your SBI Debit card by sending just an SMS. And you need to send this SMS from your registered mobile number only.
Send an SMS in the below format:
Type SWOFFATMLast 4-digit of your card & send to 092239 66666
After sending this SMS, your Debit card will be temporarily turned OFF for ATM transactions.
If you want to turn ON ATM withdrawal for your Debit card then send an SMS in the below format:
Type SWONATMLast 4-digit of your card & send to 092239 66666
2. Disable ATM Withdrawal for SBI Debit Card using Mobile Banking
(1) Login to SBI Mobile Banking (SBI YONO Lite) and tap on “Manage Cards”
(2) Now next screen, select “Manage Debit Card” option.
(3) Next screen, select your account number and card number & turn OFF “ATM txns” option as you can see in the below screenshot. Done! you have successfully switched off your Debit card for ATM withdrawal. You can activate this option anytime.
3. Switch OFF ATM Withdrawal for SBI Debit Card using SBI YONO
You can also use SBI YONO to disable your SBI Debit Card for ATM transactions.
(1) Login to SBI YONO application and tap on “Service Requests” in menu options.
(2) Now select “ATM/Debit Card” option as you can see in the below image.
(3) Now tap on “manage cards” option.
(4) And the next screen, select your account number and card number. And now switch OFF “ATM/Debit Card transactions” option and submit.
So this is how SBI customers can temporarily stop ATM withdrawal for ATM/Debit Card. You can start the withdrawal facility again by just turning ON the option or by sending an SMS.