One of the methods to get out of poverty is to get a higher education. Access to higher education, on the other hand, is unevenly dispersed. Only 0.4 percent of children from the lowest poverty quintile (from the relevant age cohort) are enrolled in higher education institutions, compared to a national average of 10%. Ehsas scholarships are designed to eliminate this source of inequity.
Pakistan is one of the world’s youngest countries, according to the National Human Development Report 2017. Recognizing its demographic reality, with a population of around 220 million people, more than half of whom are in the university age cohort, the government of Pakistan has made it a priority to work on programs that encourage access to financially deserving people while also encouraging gender equity. The goal of the plan is to provide chances for a large number of young people to enter the higher education system and to ensure that all students have equitable access to education.
Latest News Update: Candidates who want to avail Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship are being directed to submit Applications on or before November 30, 2021.
- It is a paradigm shift in the Pakistani government’s policy of assisting undergraduate students who, after graduating FA/FSc./Intermediate, are unable to complete university study due to financial constraints. Unlike previous financial aid programs that focused on MS or Ph.D. programs, the Ehsas Undergraduate Scholarship Project focuses on the most important component, namely the 4-5-year undergraduate programs, which contribute the most to the income of the person who completes a bachelor’s degree.
- It is one of the larger projects funded under the Pakistani government’s Ehsaas social safety net program, which intends to grant 50,000 undergraduate scholarships with an annual budget of Rs.6 billion. These scholarships will be increased to roughly 200,000 over the following four to five years.
- The scholarship pays for university tuition and a stipend for the four to five years it takes to complete a degree. It is a big step toward making higher education more accessible in all major fields of study, including agriculture, arts and humanities, business education, engineering, medical, physical sciences, and social sciences.
- Because the project intends to assist female education, 50 percent of the overall project’s scholarships are earmarked for female students.
- 2 percent of the scholarships are earmarked for physically challenged students to encourage them.
- It is an exciting program that will aid in the development of a skilled workforce, hence improving youth employability.
- It aims to rekindle interest in education among kids who have dropped out of school owing to financial constraints.
- By focusing this project on the most vulnerable sector of the young population, poorer households will be able to escape poverty, which will have a long-term positive impact on individuals, their families, and the community.
- Newly admitted students to an HEC-recognized public sector university for the Fall 2021 session
- Students who meet the Project’s need criteria and provide authentic information are eligible to participate.
- Admissions are granted solely on the basis of merit. The term “merit” refers to a student who has met the admission requirements of the institution where he or she want to study.
- The HEC approved degree programs.
- The maximum age of eligibility for the scholarship is the same as the maximum age for applying for admission to undergraduate programmes at the HEI, as specified by the institution’s regulations.
If a student is found that, he or she is disqualified for the scholarship.
- Taking advantage of any other scholarship or ongoing funding
- Students enrolled in distance learning programs and connected colleges (public and private)
- Secured admission to evening programs with additional fees or on a self-sustain/self-support/self-finance basis.
- Two-year associate degree programs and the BA/BSc nomenclature are not included.
How To Apply
- All students must apply online using the HEC Online Application System: https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/
- Necessary the submission of the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Project online application form, the applicant must print the application form and attach the following supporting documents:
|1||Copy of applicant CNIC / B. Form|
|2||Copy of CNIC (Father, Mother/ Guardian)|
|3||Salary Slip / Income Certificate (Father/Guardian, Mother)|
|4||If the father is a Labourer on daily wage / shopkeeper / private job, then attach undertaking of Income Certificate on the minimum amount of stamp paper of Rs. 50/-|
|5||Copies of last Six Month Utility Bills (Electricity, Gas, Telephone, Water) – (If applicable)|
|6||Copy of Rent agreement in case of Rented House|
|7||Copies of Last Fee Receipts of Applicant and Siblings (If applicable)|
|8||Copies of Medical bills/ expenditure related documents (if applicable)|
|9||01 Passport size Photograph of Applicant|
|10||01 Picture of House from outside Front|
Important Note: Only the hard copy of the application form and supporting papers will be submitted to the university’s Student Financial Aid Office.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD PROCESS
- All students must apply through the internet system at https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/ and SUBMIT the application form. Applications that are in the “Saved” mode will be rejected.
- Applicants must send hard copies of the application form, as well as supporting documentation, to the university’s financial aid office by the deadline.
- All candidates who meet the eligibility criteria, based on the information provided in their applications, and who have provided all of the information requested under the rules, such as proof of family income, assets, past academic record, age, and so on, will be shortlisted by the university’s Scrutiny Committee.
- Any application form that is incomplete in any way will be rejected.
- Potential applicants will be interviewed and recommended for a scholarship by the universities’ Institutional Scholarship Award Committee.
- Awardees of scholarships will be required to sign a deed of agreement on stamp paper.
- The university’s Financial Aid Office will send out the Final Scholarship Award Letter.
- The scholarship will not be transferrable to another university, academic program, or academic session if it is awarded.
- Scholarship money will be extended for the following semester/year if academic performance is good.
The following expenses are covered by the program:
- Tuition at the university is based on the real Mandatory Academic Charges ( non-academic charges like hostel dues, transport charges, utility bills, etc. are not covered)
Annual stipend of Rs.40,000.
The post LUAWMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Phase-III : Online Application Form Link, Process appeared first on Golden Era Education.